I DON’T MIND WAITING
PST. NONSO OBIANO
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2021
TEXT: Mark 11:20-24, Ecc 3:11, Jam 1:2-4, Matt 14:27-30, Ecc 3:1-2, Eph 6:12,16, 1 Pet 1:6-7, Rom 8:24-28, Heb 11:2, 6:15, Hab 2:3
- We hate to wait but life really is a series of waits. Our faith is matured in the refining fire of waiting.
- Waiting requires as much faith (if not more) as taking the initiative. It forces us to admit that we are not in full control and trust the one who is.
- Waiting builds character. It is a test of the extent of your faith.
5 Things to remember when God makes you wait
- There is a natural delay between seedtime and harvest. You do not reap in the same season that you plant.
- There is an unseen spiritual battle for your destiny. Even though our victory was won at Calvary, Satan still will challenge it. Stand your ground.
- God is preparing you for the blessing. He is more interested in your character than your comfort. Make the most of the wait and build capacity for what’s coming.
- You are not alone in this. In fact, you are in great company. Everyone who ever received anything of value from God had to wait.
- God always keeps His promises. No matter how long it takes, you can rest assured His word will come to pass in your life.